Installation instructions for uniGUI (Delphi and C++ Builder**)
•Before installing a new version remove all design packages from Delphi and uninstall uniGUI from Windows Program Add/Remove.
•After re-compiling an application with this new version, "ext" folder must be re-deployed to PCs running new version of your application or you can simply re-install the newly introduced Ext JS runtime package which can be downloaded from Downloads page.
**Note for C++ Builder: You need RAD Studio IDE to install uniGUI for C++ Builder.
1) Download the latest uniGUI Setup from customer portal.
You will notice that there are two versions for of setup:
oThis is the one which will be installed on developer PC for development purpose only.
oThis one is only for deployment purpose and will be installed on your server PC which your uniGUI apps will run.
2) Enter required information. Make sure entered email address is same as email address registered in customer portal.
3) Accept the license agreement by pressing next.
4) Enter your license key in memo field as shown below.
Note: Starting from version 0.99.95 license keys are directly obtained from an activation server. You can easily get your license key by pressing the Get License Key button. This will fill the License Key area with an appropriate key. Alternatively you can get your license key by clicking on the blue link: Web link to license key.... This will open a browser window which will open a page containing your key. You can paste the key in License Key area.
After key is acquired you can press Continue... button and proceed to the next step.
It is also possible to save your acquired license key in a local file and use it next time you re-install same edition and version of uniGUI.
5) Select an installation folder. Default installation folder is [ProgramFiles]\Fmsoft\Framework\.
6) Select Delphi version(s) you want to install uniGUI library. You must be sure that Delphi is not running while installation is in progress. Current version of installer will not warn you about this.
7) Press Install to start and complete the installation process.
8) Start Delphi and open the project group for your Delphi version. e.g. uniGUI2016Group (Delphi XE6).
**Additional step for C++ Builder: Instead of Delphi IDE open project in RAD Studio IDE.
9) In project manager there are 11 Delphi packages. Build all packages starting from SynEdit_Rxxxx.bpl.
**Additional step for C++ Builder: Before building packages, for each individual package please go to Options->Linker and Select/Set Generate all C++Builder Files.
If you are installing the Plus Edition you will see three additional files related to Mobile development in project group:
10) After building all packages install design time packages by right-clicking and selecting Install in following order:
• uniGUIxxmdcl.bpl (Plus/Complete Editions only)
Several new components will be installed:
Complete Edition only
**Additional notes for C++ Builder:
• After starting a new C++ project you must disable Linker->Dynamic RTL.
• Currently building with Run Time Packages doesn't work properly. You must statically link all libs and create a single EXE. (Simply unselect Build with runtime packages option.)
• New C++ projects are created without a resource (.RES) file. As a result project has no default Icon. This issue will be fixed in next releases.
• Combo VCL/ISAPI projects are not supported for C++ Builder.