Creating a new uniGUI project is as easy as creating a Delphi VCL Forms project.
uniGUI Demos are installed under folder [commondocs]\fmsoft\unigui\demos. All demo projects are deployed in two versions: One for D2006/D2007 and another for D2009/D2010.
Open one of the demos, SimpleDemo for instance, in your Delphi IDE and compile the project.
After running the project, like any standard VCL forms project a regular Delphi form will appear inside your Windows desktop.
Demo project contains a mini Web Server which tries to bind to a TCP port, so if your Windows firewall is enabled it will request you to grant access by unblocking it. If your system is protected with a 3rd party firewall be sure to assign proper permissions, so Web server can access TCP/IP layer.
Now it is time to test this demo on the Web. Open a browser window & type the following URL in address bar:
http://localhost:8077 (8077 is default port for uniGUI)
In some recent Windows versions ( Vista and Win 7 ) localhost may be directed by dns resolver to an IPv6 address which currently is not supported by uniGUI.
To avoid this you can run the demo directly from IP address http://127.0.0.1:8077
You should be able to see application main Form inside your browser window which indicates you could successfully run the demo. You can load another demo and repeat above steps.
To run SQL Demo you need to install DBISAM from Elevate Software. A trial version of DBISAM can be downloaded from here.
Installation instructions for uniGUI Trial (Delphi and C++ Builder**)
**Note for C++ Builder: You need RAD Studio IDE to install uniGUI for C++ Builder.
1) Download the latest uniGUI Setup from download section.
2) Accept the license agreement by pressing next.
4) Select an installation folder. Default installation folder is [ProgramFiles]\Fmsoft\Framework\.
5) Select Delphi version(s) you want to install uniGUI library. You must be sure that Delphi is not running while installation is in progress. Current version of installer will not warn you about this.
6) Press Install to start and complete the installation process.
7) Start Delphi and open the project group for your Delphi version. e.g. uniGUI2016Group (Delphi XE6).
**Additional step for C++ Builder: Instead of Delphi IDE open project in RAD Studio IDE.
8) In project manager there are 11 Delphi packages. Build all packages starting from SynEdit_Rxxxx.bpl.
**Additional step for C++ Builder: Before building packages, for each individual package please go to Options->Linker and Select/Set Generate all C++Builder Files.
9) After building all packages install design time packages by right-clicking and selecting Install in following order:
Several new components will be installed:
**Additional notes for C++ Builder: