Trial Edition Installation Instructions
Installation instructions for uniGUI Trial (Delphi and C++ Builder**)
|•||Before installing a new version remove all design packages from Delphi and uninstall uniGUI from Windows Program Add/Remove.|
|•||After re-compiling an application with this new version, "ext" folder must be re-deployed to PCs running new version of your application or you can simply re-install the newly introduced Ext JS runtime package which can be downloaded from Downloads page.|
**Note for C++ Builder: You need RAD Studio IDE to install uniGUI for C++ Builder.
1) Download the latest uniGUI Setup from download section.
2) Accept the license agreement by pressing next.
4) Select an installation folder. Default installation folder is [ProgramFiles]\Fmsoft\Framework\.
5) Select Delphi version(s) you want to install uniGUI library. You must be sure that Delphi is not running while installation is in progress. Current version of installer will not warn you about this.
6) Press Install to start and complete the installation process.
7) Start Delphi and open the project group for your Delphi version. e.g. uniGUI2016Group (Delphi XE6).
**Additional step for C++ Builder: Instead of Delphi IDE open project in RAD Studio IDE.
8) In project manager there are 11 Delphi packages. Build all packages starting from SynEdit_Rxxxx.bpl.
**Additional step for C++ Builder: Before building packages, for each individual package please go to Options->Linker and Select/Set Generate all C++Builder Files.
9) After building all packages install design time packages by right-clicking and selecting Install in following order:
Several new components will be installed:
**Additional notes for C++ Builder:
|•||After starting a new C++ project you must disable Linker->Dynamic RTL.|
|•||Currently building with Run Time Packages doesn't work properly. You must statically link all libs and create a single EXE. (Simply unselect Build with runtime packages option.)|
|•||New C++ projects are created without a resource (.RES) file. As a result project has no default Icon. This issue will be fixed in next releases.|
|•||Combo VCL/ISAPI projects are not supported for C++ Builder.|