We are happy to announce that a new of uniGUI version is available. Version 0.98 brings lots of new features and bug fixes. Please see changelog.txt file after installation for details.
As we have announced in a previous blog there are two versions of uniGUI. A feature limited trial edition for evaluation purpose only and a full commercial edition.
After a long intermission; almost more than two years here is a new blog about uniGUI. Those of you who were following our forums are already aware of current state of the project. Beta development continues and we are about to publish version 0.98. Interesting that our last blog was about version 0.89.
As you may estimate framework has become mature enough to be used in production. Many members of our community are using uniGUI in production. So what happened with versions between 0.90 through 0.97?
Here is another beta build for uniGUI available for public download.
0.89 is another step towards stability and a major step towards scalability.
In past we have had reports regarding server crashes when there was an overrun condition in system resources. A close examine showed us that some of the sensitive and limited OS resources such as GDI objects could overrun when there are hunderds of sessions. To resolve this issue some of the imaging components such as TImageList and TUniImage was redesigned to avoid excessive Memory and GDI resource consumption.
We also added a new and detailed server monitor which gives more detailed information regarding resource consumption and other sensitive information.
Warning: There is a breaking change in this new version: Delphi's standard TImageList is no longer supported. You must replace all instances of TImageList with TUniImageList.
- Open your uniGUI project.
- Open forms containing TImageList.
- Switch to DFM mode.
- Find & Replace all instances of TImageList with TUniImageList.
- Switch back to Form mode and rebind all ImageLists to related controls.
- Save your form. You'll be prompted to fix all instances with mismatched type. Answer Yes to all prompts.
uniGUI Version 0.88.0 is available for public download.
- Embeddable Grid Editors.
- 64-Bit support for Delphi XE2
- Seamless keyboard capture and filtering.
- Advanced form navigation using customizable keys.
- Anonymous Callbacks for D2009+.
- 7 new demos to demonstrate new features.
- Ext JS run time installer.
- Support for C++ Builder
uniGUI Version 0.87.0 is available for public download.
Version 0.87 mainly targets bug fixes and client side stability. It address many important bugs and issues which are important for stability on both client and server side. It also provides libraries for Delphi XE2. (Currently Win32 only)
As we discussed earlier versions 0.85 and 0.86 will be new milestones for uniGUI library. They will introduce new framework core which brings lots of architectural changes and improvements.
Here is a brief list of these changes:
- All controls will be descendant of a common root opposed to previous releases where each Control had a different ancestor.
- Only implemented properties and events are published. This will avoid confusion in previous versions where lots of public and published features in VCL mode were not implemented in Web mode.
- Class types no longer change among Web and VCL. Now TUniButton is always a TUniButton regardless of the displayed mode.
- In event handlers Sender parameter will always contain correct class type.
- As a result of above changes you can safely use as and is operators.
- Advanced client side event scripting.
- Extended Server side event handling for click and mouse events.